Translate

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ron bored by Messi rivalry

CRISTIANO RONALDO is growing tired of comparisons  with fellow football  superstar Lionel Messi.

The two talismans for rival sides Real Madrid and Barcelona are widely  considered to be in a toe-to-toe battle for this year’s Balon d’Or award.
Both men are on a 23-man shortlist compiled by FIFA’s football committee and  media experts.
But when it comes to their rivalry, Real ace Ronaldo is not interested in  discussing it any more.
The ex-Manchester United star said: “The truth is I’m a little tired of it.
“It’s a little heavy but I’m used to it. I don’t like to compare myself  with  others.
“Messi and I are different, that’s for sure. I respect him a lot.
“Messi can win the Balon d’Or but so can Xavi or Iniesta — and we cannot  forget Didier Drogba or Falcao. They can also receive the trophy.”
The selection process for the award will be cut to a shortlist of three  before  a winner is named on January 7.

No comments: