Translate

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Mike Tyson And Evander Holyfield Reunite

Mike-Tyson-and-Evander-Holyfield-460x275Former heavy weight boxing champions Evander Holyfield and Mike Tyson have put aside their differences and reunited.
The former boxers greeted and shared a hug at a promotional event for Holyfield’s Real Deal barbecue sauce in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
Going out there to support the brand was probably Tyson’s best way of apologizing for the aggressive ear-biting incident that happened in 1997 at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas during their heavyweight title fight.
46-year old Tyson acknowledged, ‘I just wanted to see Evander, man. I love Evander. I’m forever linked with him for the rest of my life.’
I think he was letting people know that he was wrong and what happened, happened. He appreciates that I forgave him. He’s forgiven himself. That’s how you make adjustments in life’ 50-year old Holyfield said.
In 2009, the former boxing champions met for the first time since the 1997 fight when they appeared on Oprah Winfrey’s show.

No comments: