Translate

Monday, May 13, 2013

Omisore, a misunderstood Nigerian --Mimiko

Ondo State Governor, Olusegun Mimiko, has described a former Chairman, Senate Committee on Appropriation, Senator Iyiola Omisore, as a misunderstood Nigerian.
Mimiko stated this on Sunday when Lions Club International bestowed the Melvin Jones award on the former senator at a convention in Osogbo.
President of the organisation, Mr. Aqua Itu, who described the award as well deserved, said Omisore's record of public service informed his choice for the award.
According to Mimiko, who jocularly referred to Omisore as "Your Excellency," the Ife-born politician remained one of the most misunderstood Nigerians.
He said, "Your Excellency, Senator Iyiola Omisore, remains one of the most misunderstood Nigerians, but history will soon vindicate you."
Omisore, who donated N5m to the club, said he was humbled by the award, recalling that the award had been bestowed on eminent personalities as Jimmy Carter, Bishop Desmond Tutu, Mr. Kofi Anan, Coretta King and Mimiko.
He said, "I am not perfect as perfection belongs to God alone. But successes and travails of my life mould me on a daily basis. There has been a process of divine refinement which continuously sharpens my appreciation of humanity and reinforces my desire to further devote my life to the service of the people.
"This award expands my conviction that my modest contributions in service to humanity are acknowledged. My actions in life are motivated by sincere wishes and it is gratifying that you have lent credence to this fact."
Omisore, a Peoples Democratic Party stalwart, is a governorship aspirant in Osun State.

No comments: