Translate

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I’ll defeat Aregbesola in 2014 –Ex-minister

A former Minister of Youth Development, Senator Olasunkanmi Akinlabi, has said he will defeat Governor Rauf Aregbesola in next year’s gubernatorial election in Osun State.
Akinlabi, who embarked on consultations with leaders and elders of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ife/Ijesa Senatorial District on Tuesday, said he had the political template to defeat the governor.
The Ode-Omu indigene, who represented Osun-West in the Senate between 2003 and 2007, and later became minister during President Olusegun Obasanjo’s second term, said PDP would reclaim power in Osun next year.
He said, “I have the political template to defeat Governor Rauf Aregbesola in next year’s governorship election. As a grass roots politician, I know where the shoes pinch; I know what the people’s needs are.
“My decision to run is propelled by an unyielding desire to transform our state and restore it to a path of honour and rational policies.
“The turn of events in our state in the last two years needs not too much elucidation. Everyone and every segment of our state has one story or the other to tell. People complain of pains from demolition of their property, businesses groan in pains, our once thriving economy is comatose and these untoward developments have brought undue hardship to our teeming population.
He added, “Consequently, I have been holding consultations with the different strata of Osun society such as our royal fathers, political leaders,business leaders, academia, religious leaders, the public service, labour unions, artisans and our teeming youths.
“I make bold to say that the experience gathered shows that they are clamouring for a democratic change of government that will restore Osun to popularity in the comity of states. They have equally challenged me to lead this process.
“With every sense of responsibility, I wish to intimate you with my desire to accept this challenge and to use my God-given good talents; intellect and wealth of diverse experience, to serve our people and our great State. And, considering all the challenges and the requisite cognate experience required at this moment, I am convinced I am best suited to be in our state’s driver seat as governor come 2014.”
Culled: Vanguard

No comments: