Translate

Friday, October 26, 2012

PDP govs didn’t gang up against me – Tukur


PDP National Chairman, Dr Bamanga Tukur
The National Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party, Dr. Bamanga Tukur, has said there is no truth in the reports that governors on the platform of the party ganged up against him.
Rather, Tukur said he was on the same page with the governors on how to move the party forward.
He said this on Thursday while reacting to reports that the governors were planning to move against him because of the alleged face-off between him and the Governor of Adamawa State, Admiral Murtala Nyako.
The National Working Committee of the party recently dissolved the Adamawa State Executive Committee of the party.
The sacked executive was said to be close to the governor.
Tukur said the governors were main stakeholders in the PDP and would never take any action capable of jeopardising the larger interest of party under any guise.
He added that the governors had been offering strong support to the PDP at all times.
He said,  “I have been a governor before and I know how these things work.
“The governors would not gang up against their party. In the first instance, many of them call me father, and I admit I am their father. I am a father to all.
“The pain of any governor is my pain. I cannot abandon them since I am their father.
“It is the media that have been creating the sensation. The governors come to my house any time they like.
“I go to them too, if there are issues to be discussed. More over, we meet regularly at the party’s national secretariat to discuss the progress of the party.
“So where is the gang up that people talk about? There is no gang up anywhere because the PDP is on course. The PDP governors are sound democrats.”
“Many of them have good record of performances in their respective states which we in PDP are proud of.”
He said the party depends on the governors to reach out to the grassroots in its efforts to consolidate its hold on power.
He asked, “So how would you imagine that such governors who are purveyors of the party’s agenda would turn around and be ganging up against their party?”
Tukur insisted that the NWC’s decision on Adamawa PDP was in order and never targeted at individual or any group in the state.
He said  the NWC took into consideration constitutional requirements in addressing the problem in Adamawa State PDP.

No comments: