Translate

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

No Plan To Probe Obasanjo – Presidency

The Goodluck Jonathan administration has no plan to probe former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s tenure, according to the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe.obasanjo obj
Okupe, who was speaking on the backdrop of Obasanjo’s challenge to the current administration to probe him intead of harassing ministers that worked with him during his eight year rule, said: “I am not aware that there is a plan to probe the former President.”
On the media war between him and former Minister of Education, Dr. Oby Ezekwesili on the $67 billion in Foreign Reserves and the $22 billion in Excess Crude Account, Okupe said: “I did not join issues with Oby.
“I did not accuse Oby of embezzling any money. She didn’t get her facts right on the amount left in the Foreign Reserves and the Excess Crude Accounts and I set the records straight.”
On the pipeline protection plans by Jonathan administration of which Obasanjo described as an avenue for ‘another chop chop’ (embezzlement), Okupe stated: “I am out of Abuja; I won’t be able to respond to that immediately now.”

No comments: