Wednesday, May 8, 2013
‘We didn’t attack Ladoja’
Oyo State anti-crime patrol team, Operation Burst, on Tuesday debunked the allegation by the People’s Democratic Party in the state that the security outfit supervised last week’s attack on former governor Rashidi Ladoja and Accord Party members by suspected political thugs at Olomi area of Ibadan.
The security patrol team was inaugurated by Governor Abiola Ajimobi in December last year to fight crime in the state.
The patrol team in a statement by Agboola Waheed on behalf of its Commander, said the outfit responded to a distress call by residents of Olomi following the attack of hoodlums in the area.
It read, “We want to clarify that Operation Burst hierarchy is fully aware of the incident on 2nd May, 2013 at Olomi, Ibadan involving a face-off between supporters of the Accord party and that of the Action Congress of Nigeria.
“At no time did the personnel (of OB) act in any manner to oppress any member of the above named political parties.”
It said the patrol team swung into action following a distress call from residents of Olomi community.
The statement also denied the allegation that the team assaulted some party members in Saki, saying its operation had been restricted to Ibadan and Ibarapa zone.