Translate

Monday, April 1, 2013

I can’t be intimidated —Kuta

Senator representing Niger East, Dahiru Kuta, says he remains unshakeable and cannot be intimated not to contest the 2015 election. Kuta, who is also the Chairman, Senate Committee on Federal Character Commission, while speaking with reporters on Sunday in Minna, Niger State, said nobody was superior to him in the state in terms of politics.
He said, “Niger State belongs to all of us and I know that I cannot be intimidated. I have seen everything in politics and by April 16 this year, I will be 64 years, out of which I have spent 32 years in politics. Of the 32 years, I have spent 25 years in the opposition. I have always won my elections on the platform of opposition since 1982.
“So, I have seen a lot in life. I do not fear death, I do not fear anybody but I respect people. I am not quarrelling with anybody but I am saying that, I cannot be intimidated by anybody in this country not only Niger State.
“If my people say I should contest, I will and I will ask God. I have said it time without number that, nobody is senior to me in politics in Niger State. It is not possible for me to say ‘no’ when my people say ‘go’.
“As much as God gives me life, I will contest. I have never been interested in governorship but whatever it is that I am contesting as a Senator, my people are confidently behind me.”

No comments: