Translate

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Two arrested for fighting on court premises

Police on Monday arrested two persons fighting on the premises of Ikeja Magistrate’s Court, Lagos. The two men, Kayode Macaulay, 42, and Segun Wilkey, 56, engaged in fisticuffs over a N20,000 debt.
A man, who pleaded anonymity, witnessed the fight.
He said, “The older man (Wilkey) was shouting at Macauley. He accused Macaulay of owing him N20,000, but Macaulay ignored Wilkey and walked on.
“This action infuriated Wilkey and he tore Macaulay’s clothes. Wilkey also punched Macaulay three times, for which Macaulay reciprocated in kind. This led to a full-blown brawl on the court premises between the two men. Inspector Edet Okoi, a police prosecutor of Court 2 arrested both men.”
It was observed that both men were handcuffed with their torn shirts scantily covering their bodies. Both had bruises on their arms and legs.
Macaulay, who lives at 12, Tolulope St., Iju-Ishaga, Lagos, said he was a civil servant and an administrator for the Lagos State Government.
He also said he worked earlier as a Personal Assistant to a former Permanent Secretary. “I stand surety for people seeking bail, and Wilkey arranges sureties for suspects. We have done that three times in the past,” he said.
Macaulay said, “In November, Wilkey asked me to stand surety for a suspect, but he did not pay me in full; he owed me N20,000. In mid-March, he came again and requested that I stood surety for another suspect in a different case. I collected N20,000 part-payment from him. I used this N20,000 as the debt he owed me in November. Wilkey got angry and attacked me because I refused to give him back the money.”
However, Wilkey who lives at No. 52, Ojo St. ijegun, Lagos, said he had called Macaulay many times without any response over the N20,000.
Wilkey said he eventually sent a text to Macauley that he would attack him wherever he saw him.
A lawyer, Mr. Olowa Akindele, who witnessed the incident, said it was contempt of court. He said, “Both men should be charged with affray.”
Okoi said both men would be made to face the law.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What i don't understood is if truth be told how you are not actually much more well-liked than you may be right now. You're so intelligent.
You realize therefore significantly in relation to this matter,
made me in my view imagine it from numerous numerous angles.
Its like men and women aren't interested until it's one thing to do with Girl gaga!
Your own stuffs excellent. At all times maintain it up!



Also visit my web page; perfect waist to hip ratio